- OS: Debian 8
- Desktop: Xfce
- Ruby version: ruby 2.1.5p273 (2014-11-13) [i386-linux-gnu]
- Rails version: Rails 4.2.5
- RubyMine version: 8.0.3
- VNC Server version: TightVNC-1.3.9
- VNC Client: TightVNC Viewer for Windows version 2.7.10
- RubyMine started in VNC session. The session is terminated while RubyMine is still running and then reconnected after a few hours.
- Trying to run a test and got the following errors
/var/lib/gems/2.1.0/gems/spring-1.6.2/lib/spring/sid.rb:39:in `getpgid': No such process (Errno::ESRCH) from /var/lib/gems/2.1.0/gems/spring-1.6.2/lib/spring/sid.rb:39:in `pgid' from /var/lib/gems/2.1.0/gems/spring-1.6.2/lib/spring/server.rb:78:in `set_pgid'
I have encountered exactly the same error last week but could not reproduce the issue. Did web search and the error seems to be related to missing background spring process. According to a post from barbarian.engineer (Resources 1),
“…a Spring process would die if the terminal where I had started RubyMine went away – and it couldn’t start a new one without being connected to a terminal (leading to the getpgid error…”
It kind of fit into the circumstances for the errors that I have encountered. The issue is resolved by restarting RubyMine.